Accreditation & Awards
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- LeTourneau University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, and masters degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of LeTourneau University.
- LeTourneau University's bachelor's programs in engineering and engineering technology are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) and the Technology Accreditation Commission (TAC) of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- The School of Aeronautical Science offers three programs that are approved by the FAA. The Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic curriculum is approved by the FAA under 14CFR Part 147. The Private, Instrument and Commercial Pilot curriculum is approved by the FAA under 14CFR Part 141. The Air Traffic Control curriculum is approved by the FAA under the AT-CTI program guidelines.
Texas State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC)
- LeTourneau University's teacher education program underwent its first program review and approval from the State Board for Educator Certification in October, 1993. It is accredited on an annual basis.
International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
- LeTourneau University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located in Olathe, Kansas.
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)
- THECB does not require nonprofit, private institutions in Texas to have a state license to operate, as long as the institution is regionally accredited.
LeTourneau University is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) and the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) for responsible stewardship.