Bachelor of Science in Accounting
All types of businesses need accountants, from manufacturers to retailers to non-profit organizations. Individuals often rely on accountants to help them manage their taxes, investments and funds. Accountants are in consistent demand, with a 16% growth in jobs projected through 2020 by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
But in a field with true global opportunity, LeTourneau University accounting graduates are about more than just numbers. They demonstrate the characteristics top employers require: knowledge, ethics and integrity. And they recognize and understand the critical ethical issues related to the accounting profession, applying their Christian worldview to their daily work.
LeTourneau accounting students learn:
- To understand financial statements in accordance with accepted accounting principles and demonstrate the ability to communicate that data effectively
- To apply appropriate judgment based on the knowledge of accounting theory to financial analysis and decision making
- The ability to analyze financial data as well as the effects of employing differing accounting methods on the financial statements
- An understanding of taxation of individual income
- Cost accounting methods and application of cost accounting to decision making and business performance
This coursework is approved by, and meets the requirements of the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy. Students who wish to sit for the CPA exam must have completed at least 150 college hours. Additional requirements apply.
Additional Accounting Resources:
- Texas State Board of Public Accountancy examination requirements
- Benefits of an accounting career videos from the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy
Your Degree, Within Reach
It is our highest priority to make sure your degree is both an attainable and affordable investment. We also provide the academic and personal support to help you succeed along the way, with helpful faculty and academic advisors. Our unique Front Porch office also ensures that you always receive exceptional service and timely answers to your questions.