Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management
LeTourneau University’s bachelor’s in human resource management prepares you to directly impact and improve corporations around the world by expanding your knowledge and expertise in the management of their greatest asset, its people.
Human capital is the fuel behind successful businesses, and with ever-changing workplace laws and regulations, trustworthy HR professionals and are in high demand. Our degree program provides both aspiring and current human resource professionals a solid foundation for a career and an ideal avenue for advancement up the corporate ladder. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median wage for an HR manager with a bachelor’s degree is almost $90,000 per year.
Our bachelor’s degree in HR Management provides a comprehensive analysis of human resource administration, focusing on the foundational competencies of interpersonal, business and personnel management. This specialized degree program not only sets you apart in the marketplace, but also presents human resource management through the lens of faith.
Course curriculum encompasses:
- Career planning and talent management
- Delivering training
- Facilitating organizational change
- Improving human performance
- Managing organizational knowledge
With curriculum designed and taught by HR professionals who are considered experts in their industry, you’ll graduate with a well-rounded knowledge of what it takes to be a successful human resource manager in today’s business world. This includes being well versed in HR management, including employment law, negotiation strategy, benefits, staffing, conflict resolution and compensation.
Our program will help you develop invaluable tools to develop and foster an effective workforce:
- Discover how to identify, attract, select and retain talented employees
- Learn to generate strategies to facilitate processes for human resource development, succession planning and organizational change in the workplace
- Explore ethical issues related to HR and employment laws
- Determine effective approaches for directing, recognizing and rewarding performance at the employee, team and work unit level
People are the essential element in every corporation, and at LeTourneau University, we believe people should be treated with respect and God’s love, especially in the workplace. The human resources degree prepares you to make a difference in the lives of working professionals around the world.
LeTourneau University’s Human Resource Management degree offers the ultimate in flexibility. Attend courses one night a week at our Longview, Texas campus.
- Earn your degree entirely online, via an interactive and rich online environment that provides the convenience that allows you to complete assignments and schedule courses according to your schedule.
- We make sure your degree is both attainable and affordable, and we provide the academic and personal support to help you succeed.