Online Master of Education Degree Program
Education is a demanding and constantly changing profession. But it is also one of the best opportunities to model faith in the workplace. LeTourneau's online Master of Education degree is designed for busy educators like you who want to enhance their teaching and leadership skills while remaining in the teaching profession. Our faith-based curriculum offers a sound Christian perspective to prepare you for the next level both professionally and spiritually.
In the state of Texas, almost 40% of all campus principals for P-12 schools will be eligible to retire in the next decade. It’s important that schools have an opportunity to identify potential leaders for their campuses and begin the process of preparing them to fill these vacancies.
Three Areas of Specialization
The Master of Education is an affordable degree program that includes three areas of specialization, allowing students to pick the best track to meet their professional objective.
Master of Education: Teaching and Learning Specialization (Offered in Texas only)
- Offers students the opportunity to obtain Texas Teacher Certification at the Elementary or Middle School level with the option of also earning a Master of Education degree.
- Focuses on the use of effective teaching strategies to maximize student achievement.
Master of Education: Curriculum and Instruction Specialization
- Allows currently certified EC – 12 teachers to expand their knowledge base and strengthen their teaching skills.
- Provides a breadth and depth of relevant information that will serve to enhance instructional effectiveness and facilitate student success.
- Culminates with the completion of a practicum or action research project through which participants recognize the link between theory and practical application of knowledge.
- Career opportunities: Campus-based instructional leadership positions which could include department chairs, achievement coordinators, curriculum and instruction specialists, research and planning administrators and district coaches.
Master of Education: Educational Administration
- Provides the degreed individual with the knowledge and experience necessary to become an effective school administrator, as the demand for competent individuals to fill these positions is consistently on the increase.
- Wide spectrum of content-specific areas, ranging from school finance to human resource management, all of which of which are essential to the efficient, daily operation of educational institutions.
- Culminates with an Internship/Practicum experience that allows the student to observe and participate in management and organizational activities.
- Students must complete a minimum of two years teaching experience in a TEA approved Pre-K-thru-12 school prior to the time of application.
- Career opportunities: Administrative work in schools as principal, assistant principals, or other leadership roles.
Convenient Online Program Format
Our online accelerated program allows you the flexibility to earn your Master of Education without sacrificing your current job. Students complete one online course at a time, with each course lasting three to seven weeks. The entire degree and/or certification can be completed in two years or less. The completely online delivery format allows you the opportunity to complete your coursework anytime and anywhere you choose.
Receive the support you need
Even though you won’t physically be in a classroom, you’ll still benefit from our experienced faculty, caring environment and student service counselors who are dedicated to helping you succeed. You will always have a way to be in contact with your classmates, professor and other support staff.
You can apply online immediately or, to discuss how you can begin taking advantage of this opportunity to advance your career potential, please call 1-866-430-LETU.