Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration
LeTourneau's Master of Science in Health Care Administration is designed specifically for health care professionals who want to move into administration, enhance their professional perspective, improve organizational effectiveness or manage their own health-related business.
Graduate level courses in Health Care Administration, business, and leadership will prepare you for increasing responsibility within your organization and help to pave the way to meet your long-term goals.
There is strong demand for innovative health care managers who understand the health care climate and care deeply about providing excellent patient care. The aging of America's population will result in the growth of health care organizations that will need highly qualified health care administrators to lead them through the increasing complex regulatory requirements placed on health care providers.
Commitment to Excellence with a Christian Worldview
At LeTourneau University, all classes are taught from a Christian perspective, where concepts of ethics, integrity, and service are interwoven throughout the information on health care organization, policy, systems, regulation, finance, administration, and leadership. Integrating faith into class content and discussions encourages students to understand how faith can and should inform their professional decisions and actions.
Customize Your Masters in Health Care Degree
A distinctive feature of LETU's MSHC program is the ability to customize your health care master's degree. Beyond the core requirement of 15 hours of health care administration courses, students have many choices to build their skills in particular areas to prepare for specific career goals.
- A series of five 1-credit hour courses are included in the degree. They allow students the opportunity to shadow a health care leader, explore current issues in health care, or choose courses such as Work-Life Balance or the Spiritual Elements of Leadership to address concerns common to many professionals.
- LETU offers an elective course in Leading Faith-Based Organizations.
- Engaging class discussions are led by well-qualified faculty who have experience working in the health care industry.
- Choose between an applied research project or an internship in health care administration. These options allow students to apply the strong analytical and interpersonal skills that they have developed during the program to real-world health care settings while building their resume.
- Thought-provoking case studies will challenge students to broaden their perspective.
- Students will learn to understand policy and numbers, but will also learn to see past the statistics and regulations to the patients and people that their organization serves, developing the ability to evaluate information and make highly effective decisions that will lead their teams and organizations forward.
At LETU you will develop your mind and spirit as you build your knowledge of the health care industry, so that you can use your knowledge to make a difference in the world.
- Attend class one evening a week at our Dallas or Houston centers for a focused and face-to-face learning experience, or earn your degree completely online, via an interactive and rich online environment that provides the ultimate flexibility and convenience.
- No GRE or GMAT Exam is required for admission into LETU's M.S. in Health Care Administration program for students who have an undergraduate GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- LETU's 35 credit hour program is designed to be completed in 20 months (or five semesters of 7 credit hours each) but may be completed more slowly or quickly if you prefer.
- Your undergraduate degree in Health Care Administration, health care experience and successfully meeting eligibility requirements may position you for membership in FACHE (Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives).