LETU Scholarships for Non-Traditional and Graduate Students
LeTourneau University understands getting your education is important and being able to utilize all financial means possible is just as critical.
Due to the generosity of alumni, faculty, staff, and other supporters of LeTourneau University and its mission to impact the world for Christ, the number of scholarships available to non-traditional and graduate students is growing!
Rhonda Brock Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Must be a student at LeTourneau University enrolled in the School of Graduate and Professional Studies (GAPS) taking at least 9 credit hours at the Dallas campus, leading to an undergraduate degree.
- Must have a current GPA of at least 3.6
- Must be able to demonstrate financial need by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2013/2014 academic year. LeTourneau's Financial Aid Office will use the FAFSA information to determine financial need.
- Must be gainfully employed and working full time
- Must give evidence of Christian commitment, personal and academic initiative, and potential as a student and graduate of LeTourneau University (an essay is required as part of the application)
Columbia Energy Endowed Scholarship
- Must be a current resident of the greater Houston, Texas metropolitan area
- Must be pursuing the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Business Management (BBM), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Strategic Leadership (MSL), or other bachelor or graduate degree offered through the School of Business
- Must be currently enrolled at least half time each semester (6 hours undergraduate or 4 hours graduate) at LeTourneau University with a current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Must provide evidence of high ethical and moral standards and promising potential as a student and graduate of LeTourneau University (an essay is required as part of the application)
- Preference will be given to a student who demonstrates, through the application process, an intention of continuing or pursuing a career in the energy industry
Bruce McMillan, Jr. Endowed Scholarship
- Must be a legal resident of East Texas
- Priority is given to students who graduated from an East Texas high school. Click here for a list of qualifying East Texas counties (pdf).
- First priority will be given to students graduating from Overton, West Rusk, Leverett's Chapel, Carlisle, Arp, Troup, Kilgore and Henderson high schools.
- Must be an undergraduate student
- Must be currently enrolled at least half time each semester (6 hours) at LeTourneau University
- Must be at least 24 years of age at time of application
- Must be able to demonstrate at least two years of prior full time employment
- Must possess and maintain a GPA of 2.0 or greater
- Must provide evidence of Christian commitment, personal initiative, and potential as a student and graduate of LeTourneau University (an essay is required as part of the application)
Please note that an application for any scholarship does not guarantee a scholarship will be granted.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
In addition to the LeTourneau-endowed scholarships listed above, here are some scholarship opportunities available on a limited basis to LETU students. Please review each possible scholarship opportunity, paying close attention to the criteria to qualify and the application process. (Disclaimer – Posting of available scholarships does not guarantee scholarships to any students. Many scholarships require strict qualification criteria and some are restricted to a select number of applicants based on scholarship award limits. The following scholarships are posted in order to provide an opportunity only for LETU students to potentially receive scholarship awards.)
- Texas Association of Developing Colleges Urban Scholarship Fund
- Charley Wootan Grant Program
- Nancy Larson Foundation – Future Elementary Teachers Scholarship
- The Gates Millennium Scholarship
- HCF / Sallie Mae Fund First In My Family Scholarship
- HCF Lockheed Martin Scholarship Program
- "Leading the Future II" Scholarship
- Women's Opportunity Awards
- Patsy Mink Foundation Support Award
- DAR National Society Scholarships
- American Legion Auxiliary - Non-Traditional Student Scholarship
- Allstate Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Marine Corps Scholarship Fund
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Hispanic College Fund